Fumbwa is one of the most famous Congolese dishes, it’s cooked with peanut butter and palm oil.
* 1 bag of Fumbwa
* Dried Fish
* 3 half bell peppers
* 4 Spring Onions and 1 Onion
* 1 Maggie cube
* 4 tsp of Jumbo Dehydrated Chicken Stock
* 1 tbsp garlic paste
* 7 tbsp palm oil (make sure it’s melted to make it easier to measure)
* 8 tbsp peanut butter
* 900ml of water
* Half a tea-spoon of all purpose seasoning
* Half a tea-spoon of nutmeg
*** Prep ***
Chop the bell peppers, spring onions and onion.
Wash the fumbwa and dried fish (catfish)
*** Method ***
Put a medium size pot on medium heat, add fumbwa and 900 ml of lukewarm water followed by dried fish, palm oil, peanut butter and gradually add the rest of the ingredients.
*** TIPS ***
Cook the fumbwa on low heat to avoid it from burning. Please refer to my YouTube video for full instructions on how to cook Fumbwa